In coordination with U-M's Logistics, Transportation & Parking unit, there are several transit services designed to meet needs after hours.
- Ride Home, a free shared-ride taxi service for students, faculty, and staff to residence halls, in U-M operated lots or structures, and to local residences within a one-mile radius of Center and North Campus.
- Safe Ride, a free service within a one-mile radius of campus during fall and winter terms, which can be used once per evening with a valid U-M ID (Mcard).
- State Street Ride, a free after-hours taxi service to any U-M building to the South State Street commuter lot.
- AAATA Late Night/Holiday Service, a shared-ride taxi service through Ann Arbor's The Ride, with fees and a possible surcharge.
- Michigan Medicine Late Night Shuttles, running Monday - Saturday, 10:30pm - 5am.
- Emergency Ride Home, free taxi rides for emergency situations which may exist for students, faculty, and staff on the Ann Arbor campus.
Please visit this page for details, descriptions, and service fees.
Traveling after hours tips, from the Department of Public Safety Services.
- Always travel in groups.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid secluded and poorly lit areas, especially shortcuts through parks, vacant lots, and other deserted areas.
- Keep keys accessible and ready to use when approaching your building or vehicle.
- Trust your instincts.