Search an Item or File a Claim, Depending on Your Location
Our system is based on the place you may have lost your item, depending on where you were visiting, studying, or shopping. Use the Lost & Found building links below to search for an item or to file a claim.
Lost & Found Claims
Did you lose something in one of the unions (Michigan, League, or Pierpont)? Click on the button at the bottom of the page to search through the inventory.
- If you don't find what you're looking for there, file a claim.
- If an item is turned into us, it will register a match to your claim, and we will know how to contact you to return your item.
Lost & Found Guidelines
- All items turned into Campus Information will be documented, assigned an identification number, and able to be viewed through our Crowdfind platform.
- Items of high value (electronics, jewelry, wallets, etc.) will not be pictured on the site and will be held at the information desk for 2 hours before being turned into the University of Michigan Division of Public Safety and Security (DPSS).
- Items of lower value (clothing, water bottles, etc.) will be pictured on the site and stored for a period of 30 days before being discarded or donated for the item’s continued use.
- Patrons claiming an item may be required to provide additional information about the item in question to prove ownership.
- If Campus Information staff are able to identify the owner of an item, they will send an email notifying the person that their property is in our lost & found inventory. The owner will have one week to retrieve the item(s) after they have been notified of it's location.
Lose something in another building on campus?
Campus Information only manages lost and found for the three union buildings on campus. Here is a list of contact information for lost and found services in various buildings across campus.
|Ann Arbor Police Department||City Hall, 100 N. Fifth Ave.||994-2911|
|Art and Architecture Building||1106 Art & Arch Building|
|Athletic Department||Football Stadium||Gate 9|
|Crisler Arena Facilities||Guest Services
|Botanical Gardens | Matthai||Main Office||647-8986|
|Dennison | Physics Lab Only||Randall Addition||764-3468|
|Dennison | Lecture Halls||Contact Warren Smith||936-2498|
|Dental School||Info Office, 1st Floor||936-3694|
|Department of Public Safety||Kipke Drive||936-2791|
|East Hall||1012 EH and 1343 EH||764-2580|
|East Hall | Math Department||2074 EH||647-3923|
|Economics||238 Lorch Hall||764-2355|
|Education||1002 SEB (Facilities Office, Rm 1002)||615-2534|
Arthur Miller Theater
|Kinesiology||OUSA Suite 2300||764-4472|
|Law School||300 Legal Research||764-1358|
|Lawyer's Club||Main Desk||764-1116|
|Michigan Libraries||Grad Circulation Desk||764-0400|
|Law Library (S-180)||764-9324|
|Shapiro Circulation Desk||764-7490|
|Medical Center||Hospital (1A-203)||647-8448|
|Michigan League||Inn at the League||764-3177|
|Information Desk (1st floor)||Crowdfind|
|Museum of Natural History||Museum Gift Store||764-0478|
|Music School||Info Office, Room 2249||764-0583|
|Natural Resources||1520 Dana||764-6453|
Language Resource Center
- LRC (1500 North Quad)
|Public Health||Facilities Office||763-5411|
|Residence Halls||Community Center of each building|
|Social Work||Office of Students Services||764-3309|
|Tappan Hall||110 Tappan||764-5400|
|Transportation Office||1213 Kipke Dr.||764-3427|
|University Health Services||Basement||764-8320|