15 Weird Things Turned In to Our Lost & Found
At Campus Information, we interact with hundreds of students, faculty, and visitors each day. We also serve as a temporary home for all the items left behind. Almost 11,000 items have joined a part of our lost and found since 2010. Over the years, we have seen some bizarre items turned in. Here is a not-so-complete list of some of our funny and interesting finds*.
1. Black Curtains (We wonder what someone was doing with these while in the Unions?)
2. Banana Costume
3. Party Parrot Hat
4. High Heels
5. 6 records
6. Dale Earnheart Key (Was this Dale’s key? The world may never know but if it was we hope he was able to start this race car without it).
8. Packaged Cookies (girl scout cookies! those didn't last very long in our lost and found...)
8. Wizard Ring
10. Michigan Brother T-Shirt (hope you didn’t lose your brother with it!)
11. Dental Retainers (Under what circumstance were these left lying around one of the buildings?)
13. Limericks book
14. Chemistry Goggles
15. Cymbals (actual drumline cymbals...pretty tough to lose but you never know!)
*Note: these listed items are no longer in our inventory. If you missed out on picking these items up before our 30 day holding period limit we are truly sorry for your loss. Your item found a new home with DPSS or was donated for reuse to Salvation Army.
If you happen to forget an item in one of our University Union buildings (Michigan League or Pierpont Commons), check if we have your item by browsing through our online inventory called Crowdfind. Here, you can search through the image inventory, browse by category, or use a keyword to find and claim your item to pick up later. If you don’t see your item and want us to look out for it, create a claim with an item description and contact information and we will get in touch.
Keeping you informed,