Sometimes, even in your early twenties, committing to buying that entire value box of condoms at the corner drugstore can be a blush-worthy experience. Perhaps you haven’t nailed down your specific approach to keeping yourself safe in consensual sexual encounters – and with the bombardment of options available in this day and age, it’s near impossible to have given each method a well-documented and focused trial before arriving at college as a traditional student.
Whatever stage in this journey that you’re at, if you’ve even decided to embark on it (and if you haven’t, that’s okay too!) the University has your back. The following list includes (just a bit of the) information about where on campus (and from whom) you can access risk-reducing materials:
- UHS Wolverine Wellness (suite 2110) – Free Condoms
- Many physician’s offices at UHS – Free Condoms and info packets
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals – Method Match
- UHS Contraceptive Education Program
- Afraid to Ask? – A Database of dialogue about taboo topics
- SmarterSex online – Website geared toward college students
- Any organization that obtains a Wolverine Wellness Condom Grant or other choices in contraceptive materials via Sexperteam (like PULSE, SHAC, Students for Choice, A RESIDENT ADVISOR! etc.): You can also apply for a Condom Grant.
- HIV Test sites
- Safer-sex materials, lube, and pamphlets for free via HIV/AIDS Resource Center of Ann Arbor
- More information can be provided to you on an individual basis, and catered specifically to your needs in most of the aforementioned offices.
Remember, a healthy Wolverine is a happy Wolverine.