Campus Information

legal advice


If you ever find yourself in legal trouble and you don’t what to do next, give Student Legal Services a call. Student Legal Services is a law office that provides assistance to all currently enrolled students.  SLS lawyers can provide full-representation or simply offer their expert advice.

A few of the most common areas of practice that SLS handles includes:

  • Minor in Possession of Alcohol(MIP) tickets
  • Landlord/Tenant disputes
  • Security deposit retrieval
  • Driver’s license restoration
  • Employment grievances
  • Notarizing documents

For a full list of services, visit the Student Legal Services website.  

Student organizations can also request to have an SLS staff member speak at one of their meetings.  This is a great way to inform students about all of the services that SLS offers. 

Student Legal Service is located at 715 North University (directly above To make an appointment call (734)763-9920.

Keeping you informed,


Chat With us

Chat service is staffed during standard Campus Info hours of operation. We also welcome your calls at 764-INFO (4636)

Meet Our Bloggers

Hey there, my name is Kim, and I am a junior from Palos Verdes, California studying Communications and BCN. At Michigan, I intern at the Athletic Department and am a part of the Sport Business Association and Greek Life. 

  • Favorite Memory at Michigan: Meeting Jim Harbaugh a few times

  • Hobbies: Playing/watching sports, eating fruit, throwing the frisbee in the arb, ceramics
  • Favorite Campus Info Resource: The Campus Map (since I remember being a lost freshman)