The time of year has come where everyone is in a hurry (or dreading) to move out. The boxes are packed and suitcases are ready to go – but how does this process work? Luckily, University Housing has provided guidelines for moving out of the residence halls! hall-move out will be completed by Friday, May 3rd, so make sure to plan ahead if you will be moving out during the last week of finals. If you live an apartment and your lease is up or you found a subletter and need to move, these tips apply to you too!
- Don’t forget to change your mailing address – you can do this with the United States Postal Service to ensure your latest issue of Cosmo and your spring semester books arrive to the correct address!
- Need boxes? There are many places around campus to get them. Check out the USPS on South University, Kolossos on South University, FedEx on East Liberty, and many other places. Make sure to buy extra packaging tape so your boxes don’t open en route!
- Storage units are available all around Ann Arbor for students who need to store furniture and boxes over the spring and summer. If you have a friend staying in Ann Arbor over the summer, take advantage of their basement or garage!
- Grab your friends who have a free day and bribe them with Pizza House to help you move! Not only will this make the move much easier, but it will make it more fun.
- Find things you forgot you had while packing? Don't throw it away, recycle it! The University has made it easy to recycle items you don't want. For more info visit the recycling website.
For all of those who will be staying in Ann Arbor over the spring and summer, this might be a good opportunity to do a little spring cleaning!