Festifall and Northfest are great opportunities for you to connect with student organizations. It’s also a great way to see just some of the 1,400 plus organiztions that U-M has to offer. Below are a few ideas on how to manage Festifall/Northfest to get the most of out of them.
1. Find organizations that match your interests prior to the fests by searching through the Maize Pages database at maizepages.umich.edu
2. Visit campusinvolvement.umich.edu 1-2 days before the fests to locate your prospective organizations & plan out your route for the big day.
3. When the big day arrives, feel free to walk around to explore organizations that aren’t on your list, but be careful not to sign up for too many organizations. If an organization catches your eye, simply ask them when their mass meetings take place and attend a meeting first to determine if you want to get involved and join their email list.
4. Ask the groups you’re interested in questions. How often do the meet, are there dues involved with membership, what type of time commitment is involved with being a member. These questions will help you determine what is feasible based around your class, work and social calendar.
5. Don’t be afraid to say thank you and walk away from a group. Not every group is a good fit for every person.
Festifall is scheduled for Thursday, September 6, 2012 on the Central Campus Diag.
Northfest is scheduled for Tuesday, September 11, 2012 on the North Campus Diag.
Stay in the Loop & go Blue,